roller cap

A quick learner from Pleasant Prairie says:
I see you have a stainless steel roller cap! That would be way better than the plastic crap from my old crestline sliding glass patio door. the replacements are lucky to last a year. Im not sure if your roller cap would fit? The roller cap from side to side is very close to a quarter inch and the rail it sits on is very close to an eighth of an inch. But if it fits I don't know if it will hold down the weather strip that is still good. The length of the roller cap would be 70 inches and i see the one you have is 6 feet. can you make it 70 inches or would I have to cut it down. I attached an order for a roller cap I got a while ago if that helps. I would really love it if you could help me out with a stainless steel one for a replacement. I may not care if it does not hold the weather strip but that would be nice. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you,

Michael
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Look our video regarding patio glass door track covers. It does look like the 80-102 could make a good substitute for your plastic track cover, but you will need to match up our dimensions to yours to see if it will work for you.
Also take a look at the 58-135 bubble which, looks similar to yours. We also have the 58-114 kerf type, with pushes into a groove. I'm not sure if this would work better but look them both over and see what you think.
A quick learner from Pleasant Prairie, WI says:
Well I got the 80-102 and it works great!!! The door glides very smooth. I have the old weather stripping and i can put it in place but I don't know how to keep it there. Their is nothing to hold it down like the old roller cap that had that extra lip to hold it down. I was wondering if I could glue it into place. the weather strip is soft rubber or something like that and the grove it sits on i think is like fiberglass or vinyl. Is their a glue that may work?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Glad to hear it worked! Some service people have been known to use epoxy to lock the track covers on, yes.
How to install a sliding glass door track cover
How to install a sliding glass door track cover
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.