SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

roller from by-pass closet door

A quick learner from Woodland, California says:
Cox & Sons, Pasadena is printed on the white wheel though it is almost impossible to see now. This hanger is 3 and 1/4 inches long, about 1 inch above the door, and the wheel is 1 inch in diameter. Ball bearings around the shaft in the wheel to allow turning.

The house was built in the mid-50's, so that is probably the age of the closet door. One of the wheels on one of the closet doors (the front one) cracked, fell off and lost its ball bearings. I would like to replace the wheel/roller rather than put in a whole new track, etc.
User submitted a photo of a closet door roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. This looks similar to our 23-056, but I can't tell if yours has a backset. Can you tell me if it does? If so, how deep is it? Let me know!
A quick learner says:
it is straight with 1/4 inch prongs sticking out to brace against the top of the door. It has to be straight to fit into the track and slide past the back door because the track is the kind where the grooves face each other.
User submitted a photo of a closet door roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. In that case, you could take a look at our 23-015 and see if you could maybe get this to work. If not, though, you may have to consider replacing the track with a kit like our 23-500, 23-501, 23-502, or 23-503.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)