SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

roto op05-7810 crank keeps falling out

A home owner from Sewell, NJ says:
I have a roto op05-7810 crank that keeps falling out. Do you have something that I can replace it with to correct the problem or can this be tightened somehow?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
When I cross-reference that number, I get our 39-226. Is this the crank handle you have? Is it what's falling out? If so, then you may need to replace the operator itself. It's possible it is stripped out. I would be happy to recommend a replacement operator for you, but I will first need a few pictures of your operator removed from the window before I can recommend anything.
A home owner from Sewell, NJ says:
That does look to be the handle. Here are a few pictures.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! Inside the operator body there should be a black plastic collar. Yours is most likely worn out. Looking at these new pictures, I think you may have a few options available to you before you start replacing anything.

In the past, I've put a small piece of masking tape on the handle end to make its fit a little more snug in the hole. You could also possibly glue the handle in place, and when the operator goes bad just purchase a new operator with a new handle. Your type of handle is the old style, you see, and the newer operators take the more traditional handle with a spline hole. In other words, the operator is the male and the handle is the female.

Let me know what you'd like to do!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)