SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

roto sky light

A home owner from USA says:
my sky light that is 25 years just stopped working when my husband to check it appears that the piece w/30658 broke off from the chain. Below are all the numbers that appear.

truth 45014 / chain 30955 / links on chain 30821

Please advise if you can help on what part it is and how much to replace, thanks
User submitted photos of a skylight operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to tell what this is. Would we be able to see a picture of the whole part? It might be something like our 39-379, but I'm not sure.
A quick learner from taunton, ma says:
Hi, I will have to get you a photo w/the device put back together but that looks like what we need except our is 5 1/2 inch long / 2 3/4" wide / chain is 13 3/4"
A handy person from Taunton, MA says:
reference number is D72188.

we have put the part together can you help?
User submitted a photo of a skylight operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello again! I'm afraid we don't have this operator. I actually don't think it's even made anymore. The 39-379 remains our best match, but I can't guarantee it will work. It may require altering the sill in some way to accommodate it. You may want the help of a local professional.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)