SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

rubber seals for windows with Roto hardware

A quick learner from Chalfonte says:
I am in a condo with 400 apartments with aprox 6 windows each apartment.
We have been experiencing leaks and suspect the rubber seals. We would like to replace them in the windows that are leaking.
The windows were installed in 2007 and use Roto hardware including pro drive dual arm casement operators #h3033-08-op05-7502.
I have enclosed a picture of the rubber seal and can send a sample if the picture is not helpful. the seal is aprox 1/2" at its widest x 3/8".
The channel is 1/4".
User submitted a photo of weatherseal.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
From your photo, the bubble seal looks like it pushes into the groove instead of sliding into it. Take a look at our 58-193 and see if you can utilize that as a seal. Take note that your bubble seal does not look worn. I think the best way to cut down on the leaking is to lock the windows shut in times of bad weather. When the window is only cranked shut there is always a little wiggle room at the top of the sash where water can get in, regardless of the quality of weatherseal.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)