s380 balance question

A home owner from USA says:
It appears to me by looking at your examples that I need a 30" series 380 w/option 2940 (#stamped on my balance). The problem is the shoe. The 1/2" demension is fine but the other one is not an inch it is 7/8". Will this be a problem?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry, I'm not sure which dimension in particular it is you're referring to. Do you mean the heel-to-toe meaurement? If so, then it's common that these shoes wear down a little over time.
A quick learner from Jacksonville FL says:
Yes,from heel to toe. In the picture, the 15-005 shoe shows a one inch demension heel to to and mine is 7/8". And by the way, what does the 2940 stamped on my balance mean?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for confirming! Like I mentioned, it's possible the shoe wore down. Even if that's not the case, the 15-005 is actually the smallest option we have. If you absolutely need it to be 7/8", you can always shave it down a little.

A stamp of 2940 indicates how strong the spring is. Two balances with the 2940 stamp can carry a window sash weight of 23 through 28 pounds.
A quick learner from Jacksonville FL says:
Thanks, I'll try a couple and see how that goes before doing some other windows.
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.