SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

s750 29 ribbed channel balance

A quick learner from Belmont NC says:
I am ordering 2 s750 29 ribbed channel balances and it is asking me to pick one of the three options but I do not know which one I need. Can you tell me they are and perhaps which one I should choose?

28 TG
28 HD
28 R
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! These options are determined by the weight of your window sash. If you can remove your window sash and place it on a scale, then tell me the exact weight, I can determine the best possible option for you.
A quick learner from Belmont NC says:
it is 15lbs. the current balance has 29b stamped on it.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. I recommend that you select the 28R stamp option. That can carry a window sash weight range of 15 through, and including, 22 pounds.

Please keep in mind that this weight range information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)