sash lifter

A handy person from Akron Oh says:
Need 2 lifters for double hung ANDERSEN
Glass width approx 24.25 x 16 high
Part # please
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm not quite sure what it is you need, but I suspect you might need a balance. I can't say with any certainty what you have without knowing what stamps are printed on the balance itself, but I think you might have an Andersen Narroline window. These used our 24-531. If not, I will have to see a picture of the balance out of the window so that we can see the stamps written on it.
A handy person from Akron Oh says:
Thankyou. It would be the balance because the string broke.
The window size seemed to be slightly off from the chart I saw and I have not removed the sash guides that are plastic. As they are old are they going to break up when I go to remove them?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I don't know for sure, it's hard to predict that kind of thing. All I can say is that the only way to know for sure what Andersen balance you have is to refer to the stamps printed on the original balance box. We have a video that tells you exactly how you can do this.
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.