how to determine sash weight

A quick learner from colorado springs says:
One of our channel balances' sash cord broke. There is no ID on windows or sash balance. I'm trying to order the right balances. Window is Non-Tilting double hung vinyl 48" x 72". Please recommend sash weight? I think I need S385-26 with 15-004 shoe & 19-005 top attached. Thank you for your informative web site. Builder data said these are Viking vinyl windows but there is no info on them except "series 400, H-R35 - 48x72" "UM111" "AAMA/NWWDA 101/1.S.2-97"
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! With no stamp on the balance itself, you will need to weigh your sash to determine the proper strength option. There is a chart on the S385-26 store page that lets you know what what option can support what weight. As for what Series you need, I can't be sure. The best way to determine that is to confirm that the 19-005 and 15-004 are exactly the same as your current attachments.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.