SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

sash window balance

A home owner from California says:
Hello. Can you help identify the correct part I would need to replace several of the window balances in my home. The only identifying information I have is the following information that was imprinted on the balance "30 3 AT CALDWELL". It measures 1/2" wide on the backside. The total length is 32" with the plastic hardware on the ends. Enclosed are two pictures. I would require four of these window balances.

Thank You
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Before I can offer an applicable replacement for this channel balance, I just need to know a bit more information about the bottom attachment. Please take a look at our 15-004 and 15-005 channel balance shoes, and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-3/32" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which one more closely matches your own bottom attachment?
Hello. It measures 1 3/32 so it is closer to the 15-004 shoe.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. In that case, take a look at our S385-31 channel balance with a 3030 stamp option. Does that look about right? Make sure to double check all your information to make sure that it matches this set up.
Thank you that will work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)