SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

screen door hardware, handle and lock

A home owner from Lakewood, N.J. says:
i need help with obtaining a replacement handle and plate alsoseperate lock for a larson storm door 3/4 inch thick. the handle is 3 1/4 inch high by1 inch wide. the lock device is 1 3/4 inch above handle and 2 inches high by 1 1/4 inch wide. they are two seperate devices. no numbers or identifers on door or handle and lock devices. please send information on re3placement parts and information if i need to make any modifications such as drilling new holes and if cover plate will any existing holes. photos of existing door and handle attached. thank you for your help. looking forward to your response. thank you....GERRY
User submitted photos of storm door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what the outside of your storm door handle looks like, however I believe the best replacement would be our 40-177 black lever handle set with dead bolt lock. The inside latch looks a little different so keep in mind that you might have to reset the keeper. Take a look and see what you think.
A quick learner says:
Here are pictures of the outside view of the door referenced above for the new handle you recommended 40-177. My concern is the measurements between the screw holes. My existing handle screws center to center are 1-3/4 " both on handle and lock. I would like to use the existing screw holes in the door measuring 1-3/4" apart without drilling new holes. Thank you for your follow-up on my existing e-mail and your recommendation for your replacement part.
Please respond as soon as possible.
Thank you.
Gerry N
User submitted a photo of storm door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us, Gerry. All screw hole spacing for the 40-177 are also 1-3/4". Did you read the description we have listed under the pictures?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)