SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

screen door issue

A home owner from binghamton, ny says:
My parents have an outswinging screen door with a knob handle on the outside with a push handle on the inside. However, the door is 1 1/2 " thick. The inside handle broke into a couple of pieces and we need to replace the entire handle set. Do you have anything with a 1 1/2" spindle? I see only things 1 - 1 1/4" on your site.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We may be able to help. Before I can recommend anything, could you show me a few pictures of the handle you currently have? Can you also tell me the distance between the installation holes? Thanks!
A quick learner says:
The distance between the installation holes is 2 inches.
The door is 1 1/2 inches wide.
User submitted photos of a door handle.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks! Looking at your photos, it appears that you have an older Forever Door storm door handle. We don't have this specific handle, but look at our 40-058. That might work as a replacement. You might also need to get some latch shims like our 40-179 to raise the height of the inside latch.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)