SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

screen door replacement handle

A home owner from Reed Point, MT says:
Was this handle used on sliding screen doors sold by Clawson Windows out of Missoula, Montana? It appears they are now out of business and we need our plastic screen handles are broken.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I don't know if our 83-009 was used by Clawson Windows. I recommend that you carefully compare the dimensions and style of the 83-009 to your own handle and see how they compare. If you still aren't sure, then you can take a few pictures of your existing handle set and upload them here for me to see.
A home owner from Santa Fe New Mexico says:
I think this 83-009 will be a replacement for my screen door lock. How do you put the metal latch into the existing screen door...the metal latch part has a bend in it and I can't figure out how to remove it and replace it due to this right angle bend..thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The metal latch slides into the door from the outside end, through the cut-out, to the notch at the inside of the frame and handle.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)