SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Screen Door Roller, Circa 1959

A home owner from Redmond wa says:
Looking for a specific part that I do not see on your web site.

Circa 1959 steel frame sliding door screen. Pix below. The base of the screen frame has a narrow groove on each side near the bottom edge (inside the opening formed by the door sides) and the little triangular prongs in the picture are rotated from a 90 degree position to the frame until they seat in the grooves. The rest of this part looks pretty standard--the two 'flanges' that stick up hold the part in line with the frame.

Ideas where to find this kind of part? or if the nylon rollers and glide can be replaced?
A user submited photo of screen door roller
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. We are currently working on a possible replacement part, and will let you know as soon as we have more information!
Profile picture of Donna
Please see new SWISCO product code 84-143, upper sliding patio screen door roller.
A home owner from Seattle says:
I think we just discovered part of the problem. My door must be installed backward. This roller has been on the bottom. Explains some odd factors-- the horizontal nylon washer is held on by a screw that ends up screeching on the guide in the door frame and should probably be the thing that centers the screen in the top track instead. Only thing that does not make sense is the screen door handle will be pretty high if i reverse it. Gonna try this to see if it works better right side up in my other door
Profile picture of Donna
Wow, that is strange! Let me know if you need new lower rollers, as well, though I'm not sure what they would be for this system. Our 84-058 Arcadia Screen Door Roller Assembly might work, but I'm not sure.

You may also need to reposition the handle keeper/strike since the handle is higher up now.

I hope it rolls better once it's turned the right way around! Let me know how it works out.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)