Pella screen latch replacement--where are my screws?

A quick learner from New York says:
Hi,

I'm trying to do a favor for a friend of mine by replacing the broken latch on his Pella Screen Patio Door. I checked out your tutorial (very nicely done by the way) and it seems straightforward. Problem is with the interior side of the mechanism. I don't have two screws...I have a handle with a round pella logo and a wood insert.

I assume the screws are under that trim piece?

Is is removable?

Clips? Glue? Velcro??

Please help,

MS
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I'm glad you enjoyed our tutorial video. I'll tell Mike he's got a fan!

Now, this is actually a fairly common issue. It seems as though there are two styles of Pella screen door latches, one of which has a hidden screw. You can find it under the circular Pella logo you mentioned--you just need to gently pry it out with a slotted screwdriver. It should come out pretty easily.

Let me know how it goes, or if you have any questions. I'd be more than happy to help!
A quick learner says:
Tom-
I just wish all repairs were that easy.

If only new screen protectors weren't so ridiculously expensive I'd have the door looking like new.

Thanks for the help and follow up.

MS
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It was my pleasure. It is unfortunate that Pella hardware is so expensive, I agree. At least this is one project that won't cause a headache! Let me know if you have any other questions, I would be more than happy to help.
How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.