SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

screw spacing for 82-320

A home owner from 98026 says:
Re. the 82-320 keyed exterior sliding door pull with cover plate. Your product description says, "This keyed outside pull will accommodate 2-1/4", 3", and 3-7/8" hole spacing; includes a cover plate with installation holes centered at 2-1/4" and 4-15/16". My existing Ador/Hi Lite door handle is fastened to the door frame with screws spaced at 3-7/8 inches. I take it I need to drill centered holes in the cover plate for this spacing. From the drawing, it appears that the screws holding my handle in place will go directly into the tapped holes in the outside pull that are spaced at 3-7/8 in. I assume this also means that the extra holes pre-drilled in the cover plate for 4-15/16 inch spacing will be exposed. In the drawing, it appears that the pull will not cover the 4-15/16 holes. I am correct about all of this? Thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I understand what you mean. You will need to drill the 3-7/8" holes in the cover plate, yes.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)