SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

seals - pictures attached

A home owner from grand rapids says:
case no 45649
User submitted photos of weather seal.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Look at and compare our 55-106 or 55-170 to your sample and see if either of these could work.
Paul, could you give me the dimension of the suggested
seals 55-106 and 55-170. the grove in the window & casing is approx 1/8 wide and is forces into this slot.
I would like the cross section dimension please before
I order.
Thank You
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Wayne! All dimensions for each part can be found on their respective pages.
Paul or Tom , I have ordered the suggested window seal 55-170 as a replacement for craftline 58. I am sending you pictures showing the differences between my old one and your seal 55-170 it's about half the size.

Will you please advise me on what i can do, this does not look it will work. I may have to send it back and get a full refund including shipping if this does not work.

Please review and reply what I can do?
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble, Wayne. Were you able to compare our dimensions to yours before you ordered, like we recommended? That is the best way to avoid this kind of problem. Either way, can you give me the exact size of your old weatherseal compared to the 55-170?
A home owner from Grand Rapids says:
Hi Paul,
the over all length is 11/16 and the length
of the other v side is 5/8 the part that goes into the
grove in the casing of the window is the same as the 55-170 1/4 inch.

the picture showing the white strip is 5/8 wide in your
no 55-170 it's about 5/16 wide . My old seal has about
double the width. The issue is will your seal be good
at this width to properly seal the window? I have not tried to cut a piece and try it yet. What do you suggest?

Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hey, hopefully I can help. The closest things we can find are our 55-183 and 55-169, they're closer to 5/8". Do you think you can get either of these to work?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)