SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

security door lock

A handy person from TN says:
the lock on my security door broke to where you cannot operate the handle to undo the latch, i am trying to get the piece welded back together but really need a replacement. The door was on the house when we bought it and i think is from the 90's? Perhaps late 80's. Cannot find any id on the door itself and the lock only has USA printed on the lock itself and MADE IN ITALY on the chambered portion that fits inside the door. Please help!
User submitted photos of security door hardware.
A quick learner from Tennessee says:
Part to security door handle that controls latch mechanism,collar fits around door handle and forked piece fits around the rod attatched to the latch, broke in the middle and cannot find replacement part or door handle kit. Has possible part number? 5009 on the forked part.
Tried to include all pertinent pictures including where it fits on door handle and door.
User submitted photos of security door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter! We may have found a possible replacement, but I just need to you confirm a few dimensions. Can you tell me the size of the mortise lock body? That will help us determine if what we've found could possibly work for you. Thanks!
i am a little unclear on what the mortise lock body is...but i measured only the lock body inside the frame in blue and then the entire frame that fits outside the door in green... Please let me know if this is not helpful or what other info i can provide you with! Thanks!
User submitted a photo of a security door handle.
the lock body measures 6 3/4" and the frame measures at 8"
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you again for your continued patience. We think we may have finally found a good replacement for this look. I will notify you as soon as it is available to purchase!
Profile picture of Tom
Alright, please see our new 40-195 and 40-196 and see if either of these can work for you!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)