SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

series 1100 patriot window balancer

A quick learner from North Carolina says:
hello,
I have a house build in 2000 by torrey homes. my problem is the windows that they installed won't stay up when you open the windows. can you help me identify the problem. thank you very much.

ferdinand
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Ferdinand, this could be a sign that your window balances need replacing. First, you will need to determine whether you have a Channel Balance or a Spiral Balance. If you've identified your balance as something other than a channel or spiral, we can still help you locate a replacement.

The second step would be to remove the balance from your window and submit photos of the balance so we can help you identify what you need.

Be sure to include photos of any balance attachments or markings on the balance.
hello mike,
I took a picture of my window so you can see the kind of balance I got. it's just a string and spring with a plastic rod in the middle of the spring. thanks for helping me. I appreciate it very much.

ferdinand
user submitted photo of arrow balance
Profile picture of Mike
Good afternoon, Ferdinand.

Thank you for submitting your images to us. We have identified your balance as the Swisco Series 850. However, we will still need to identify the correct balance attachment. Please give us the width and length of the balance attachment (the black piece). Also, be sure to include the total length of your balance (from tip of black piece to tip of white piece).
A quick learner from north carolina says:
hello mike,
The black piece 1 inch by 1 1/2 inch long. It's like an inverted T with a 1/4 inch hole in the middle of the flange. From that black piece, there is a long spring attached with the white plastic at the end and it's length is 16 inches with a 1/4 diameter plastic rod and 29 inches long. The window is 36 inches by 64 inches. I hope this measurements will help you help me. thank you.

ferdinand
Profile picture of Mike
Ferdinand,

Please take a look at the Swisco Series 850 Block & Tackle Rod Balance.
hello mike,
do you sell them by piece or pair?? how do I order these balancer?? how will I know the right length that I need?? thanks again.

ferdinand
Profile picture of Mike
Hi Ferdinand,

Click on the link in my above post to get to the S850 category page. On that page you will see a photo that shows you what to measure to get the balance length. On the right of that picture will see various balance length sizes. Measure your balance and click on the corresponding length.

After you click on the length you need, you will be brought to the product page where you can add the replacement S850 balance to your cart. The S850 balances are sold per piece.

Let me know if you get stuck or have any further questions.
hello mike,
my windows dimension is 64 inches by 36 inches. i saw the how to measure the length of balancer but my problem are how to get the real length of the balancer. maybe the length of the plastic rod inside the spring is the length of the balancer. please help me.

ferdinand
Profile picture of Mike
For this type of balance, measure the length of the rod include the balance shoe (attachment).
A handy person from marietta ga 30060 says:
I need to know how to remove the bottom sash
It doesn't have the spring loaded sliding keepers
on the top I think it is 1100 series made in the 1980's
A handy person from marietta ga 30060 says:
how do I take out bottom sash of no tilt sash so I can take to glass company to replace foged glass
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Please see our video on how to remove the sash for this kind of window.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)