series 351 channel balance

A home owner from michigan says:
I called your location and talked to Jodi I have two different lengths to order one is 14 in long stamped 1340 and I have one 28 7/16 in long stamped 2830 she said that doesn't sound right it should only be 28 in long but it is really 28 7/16 in long metal end to metal end the 14in is really 14 in long metal end to metal end I want to get this figured out before I order thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. Can you confirm that your balances are, in fact, our Series 351? I think the 28-7/16" balance may be something else. Please take a few pictures of your hardware for us to see. Make sure we can see both ends and the stamp. From there we can work on finding you the best possible match.
A home owner from from michigan says: says:
Here r the pics of the 351 channel balances u asked us to send.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! I actually think it might be closer to our S390-14. The key difference between this and the S351-14 is the shoe. Compare the size of your shoe with both of these Series to determine whic is a closer match.
hello tom I need you to tell me what I need to order when I call Jodi I have to sizes to order one is 14 in long it is stamped 1340 and one that's 28 7/16 long and is stamped 2830 what do I need to order thank you
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We can custom make the 28-7/16" balance for you, though we would have to make it 28-1/2". Would that be alright? Before we can start, though, we would like you to confirm if you have the Series 390 or Series 351 channel balance. I believe you have Nuprime windows, which have used our Series 390. Which is a closer match?
hello paul if this was 28 in long not (28 7/16)would that be a standard size if so could you send me one to see if it will work I will then order 5 more of them I need a total of 6 of this size I also need 4 that are 14 in long and stamped 1340 I will order them also at the same time thank you gary
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
28" is a standard size, yes. If you want to try one out, you can order it directly on our site.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.