series 800 replacement party

A home owner from Petaluma, California says:
I need a replacement window channel balance. I think that's the name of the part. It is a 21" long metal channel with springs and line inside and plastic fittings on each end. One of the plastic things is broken. The # is 20 2 FN. Is this available, what is the price, and can I order one?

The part that I need most closely matches your 24" 800 Series that pops up when I searched your site for 20 2 FN but it doesn't quite match. This window was installed over 10 years ago, before I owned this house. The "shoe" and the top piece each have sortof a little "wing" on each side. Do you have this anymore?

Thanks. Marilyn
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Marilyn. Actually, the stamp is not a serial number, but rather is only indicative of the balance's strength. I can't really identify what you have based only on that detail alone. Searching for the stamp on our site probably did not yield accurate results. I am not sure if you have the Series 800, but if you say that it doesn't look like your hardware then it is doubtful.

I recommend that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to locate a replacement for your balance. Let me know what you come up with!
A home owner from Petaluma, California says:
There is a stamp that reads - 20 2 FN Caldwell. If that's what you mean, which option do I need for the 21" 15-005 series 380?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. Usually, a stamp of 20 2 corresponds to our 2020 option. I also recommend that you double check your sash weight and see if it falls under the weight range shown for the 2020 option, just in case.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.