SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

shower door seal/sweep/drip

A home owner from Colorado says:
I have been trying to resolve the issue of water dripping from the swing/pivot shower door. When I bought this home there was no seal or sweep & I have been trying to find a solution to the problem. I just received 2 shower door sweeps from Swisco: 10-307 and 10-313. I had hoped 1 of the Sisco sweeps would fit but both just fell out of channel at the bottom of the door frame. Can you suggest another product or method?
User submitted a photo of shower door sweep.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hello! I'm sorry to hear our sweeps didn't work out. How about our 10-324, 10-325, or 10-326? These screw right on to the bottom of the shower door. Check them out and let me know what you think.
The sweeps won't work because the door's thickness is about 1/2" and the bottom frame where the drip rail needs to be screwed is merely 1 3/16. A drip rail would not allow the door to close. Can I use an adhesive to secure sweep 10-307 into the channel? If so, what type?
User submitted a photo of a shower door.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. Before we suggest anything else, can you tell me the width of the channel that the sweep fits into? Can you also tell me the height of the sweep you need?
The width of the channel is 11/32"

The ideal height for the sweep would be about 3/4" but I'm willing to order one that can be cut a bit. Thank you.

A home owner from Wake Forest says:
I have the same exact shower door and have the same problem of a missing sweep. The width of the channel is about 10mm (around 3/8"). Which sweep can I purchase?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we don't have an identical replacement for this sweep. The closest we have been able to find is our 10-307, which you said doesn't work. A silicone caulk may work to adhere it to your door, but it wouldn't be the best solution. The screw-on type seal may still work for you, but since you can't screw it on you could consider installing it with double-stick tape.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)