shower door sweep

A quick learner from USA says:
Basically, I am looking to replace the rubber (round top) shower door bottom sweep piece that slides into the shower rail attached to my swinging shower door. Does that make sense? The problem is my shower door is extra-wide as I believe it was built to be wheelchair-accessible. Most sweep replacements are 36" wide while I would need something 39.5" wide (or larger and I could cut it down). The rubber sweep piece that is on there now is older and worn so water is leaking from the shower to the bathroom floor. Please let me know if I can provide additional information or additional photos. The photo labeled INSIDE SHOWER SWEEP shows the piece I need pulled out a little. It's a clear (but not very clean or nice anymore) rubber piece. Also, the size of that rubber piece lengthwise is 36" + someone cut another piece to make up for the additional 3.5" and the height of it is 3/4".
Thank you
Christina
User submitted photos of shower door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Christina. The closest match we have is our 10-320, but I'm afraid it is only available in 37" lengths. Would you still be able to get it to work?
A quick learner from Denver says:
Hi Paul,
Thanks for the fast response. 37" would fall short of the 39.5." I think the best bet is for me to buy TWO 37" (or actually two shorter sweeps) and epoxy them at the seam to create 39.5" long sweep. Do you recommend a special type of epoxy or will anything do (including rubber cement)?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I would suggest piecing two lengths together using a product called "Goop". I know they have an adhesive that repairs rubber sneakers. Check with a local hardware store and see what they suggest, they may have their own personal favorites.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.