SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

side channel balance ID

A home owner from CA says:
The only markings found are on the metal bar 284 D1. Bar is 29 inches long 9/16 wide. Windows have Jordan marked on the locks and are about 26 yrs old. I think they are Series 390 since I do not see any flanges of plastic sticking out and they seem to be the closest match in the photos. If these photos aren't good enough let me know and I will try with a camera vs my phone.

Thank you!

Steve
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Steve. Please start by looking at our Series 351 channel balance. I believe this is a match for your hardware, but look it over and let me know if you agree.
Tom, thanks for your reply. I looked at the Series 351 and then I measured my balance shoe. It is 1 1/8" long, 1" high. I compared it with the measurements shown on the 15-001 and they seem to match up pretty well. I should have measured and sent the measurements along with my original post. That being said I think the Series 390 might be what I need. Do you agree or is there an additional measurement I should take to confirm?

Thanks,

Steve
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. If the bottom shoe matches the dimensions of the 15-001 then yes, I think the Series 390 is a better choice.
Tom,

Thanks for your help! I will update my post after they arrive and are installed.

Steve
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)