SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

side load channel balance

A quick learner from Mims Florida says:
I am trying to locate a side load channel balance that is identified with p/n 29-9 AA CMC 11
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I cannot identify what you have based on this information alone. I recommend that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to find the Series that best matches what you have.
A quick learner from Mims Florida says:
Attached are pictures of the channel balance that I need to replace. Width= 1/2", length=30", the window weight is 36.5 pounds, part number 29-9 AA CMC 11 is on the part.

I think that it is a series 380 with 19-005 top shoe and 15-005 bottom shoe. The shoe dimensions are the same as what is shown on the web site other than the depth which is 15/16" on my part but 1" on your web site, see photo DSCO7224 for measurement.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I think the depth should be okay. It's likely that yours wore down after years of use. Even if that's not the case, you can always shave our shoe down a little bit to size.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)