SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

silverline awning window crank and operator

A quick learner from Lewes, Delaware 19958 says:
I have 8 OLD awning windows in a sunporch and would like to replace all 8 operators (& cranks). They are all right hand cranks (i.e., the operator/crank hardware is located on the right side of the window. I think your part #39-007 is just what I need, because the measurements shown in the item picture seem to be just right, but I'm sending one of the old ones for you to check out and make sure. Thank you for your great customer service, it is rare in this day and age!
Madeline Lewis
p.s. I wanted to send photos of the part also, and now see there's a separate weblink to do that, so please look at those photos too.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We received the sample of your operator and we agree that the 39-007 is the best match. You might also want to order the 33-070 shoulder screw with a 33-206 nylon washer to attach the operator to the window arm.

Another note you may want to consider: before installing the new operator, it's a good time to clean and lubricate the window arms to make sure the window panels move smoothly. That way you put less pressure on the operator and it will last longer.
A quick learner from Delaware says:
I just ordered 8 operators and also the screws and washers yesterday. What is the best way to clean and lubricate the window arms, and what's the best lubricant to use - silicone spray, WD 40, or maybe a grease type lubricant??
Thank you!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great, thank you! To clean them, use WD-40, then use some white grease to lubricate them. You can get both at your local hardware store.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)