SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

simonton patio sliding door -Koo84,-03617146020001whe5, 17fcrowI48. 375X76.438

A home owner from Bronx , Ny says:
I need to replace the handle and lock mechanism.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Could I see a few pictures of the handle and lock mechanism? That will help us determine what you have and what might be able to replace them. Thanks!
A quick learner says:

User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for getting back to us. Looks like this is a thumb latch for a your patio glass sliding door handle set. It appears to be the same as the one on our 82-034, however if it is then you will not be able to replace this individual part by itself. You see, the thumb latch is pressed into the metal of this kind of handle set at the factory, and is irreparable. You would have to replace the whole handle set. What do you think? Does the 82-034 match your handle?
A home owner from San Diego, CA says:

Thanks for the response and posting. I have the same exact issue as the OP.

I know my door is a Simonton, but should I simply measure to ensure the replacement 82-034 is the right one for me? Thanks.

Profile picture of Tom
Yes! It's always best to double check measurements before you purchase replacement hardware. You never know when you may have something weird or altered, and at the very least it's nice to have peace of mind.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)