SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

single hung non-tilt aluminum window retainer

A landlord from Denver Colorado says:

My house was built in 1969. The original windows are still in very good condition with the exception of the retainer clips. The dimensions of the clips are in the second image. There are two clips per window. The clips fit into rectangular cut-outs on the top of the bottom sash. To remove the sash, you depress the clip on one side and slide the whole sash in that direction. You can then remove the sash from the other side.

There are channel, friction balances on each side. There is a sliding retainer on the bottom of the window so that the sash can be opened above the balance allowing for removal.

I need to hopefully find several of the retaining clips as the top sloping "head" has broken off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A user submitted image of window retainer
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. We are currently working on a possible replacement part. I will post again in this thread as soon as I have more information available for you to look at!
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hi Jay,
Please take a look at new SWISCO product code 87-195, Bottom Glide. Compare the dimensions to the part you are trying to replace, hope this is close enough to work for you. Let us know what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)