23 9 balance sizing

A home owner from WA says:
I've narrowed down my selection to the S385-24 however I'm not sure as to the option. Judging by the stamp on the channel, I would think I needed a 2309 but since that's not an option, is it 2310? (Assuming that the last two digits are the weight.) I haven't been able to weigh the sash yet. Can you determine what size I need by the info given?

My second question is regarding the life of the channels. Our house is 20 years old. We have some channels that look to be in good shape but the window still seems to take more effort to open than others. Can the channels be lubricated or something to make them work better or do they just need replacing?

Thank you
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The stamp option number you are showing us appears to be outdated. Modern balances that are used today use a different kind of rating system. Therefore, to choose the best option, you will need to weigh your window sash on a scale. Get back to us and let us know how you made out.
My sash weighs 23 pounds so I should go with the 2350?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, that sounds like exactly what you need!
Thank you!
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.