SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

slide load channel balances

A handy person from Jacksonville, FL 32259 says:
I have a front window with a sliding up and down sash. It is missing the side load channel balances both sides. I've found the identification sticker it reads
SERIES: MARK 40/50 HP
AAMA/NWWDA 101/I.S. 2-97
H-LC30-53x96
H-LC30*/50* -53x63

I don't know what other info you might require to identify what kind of balances it needs.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid that sticker does not tell me what you need. Without having the original balances on hand to use as reference, it will be difficult to find a match. Do you have an identical window elsewhere in the house that we can use as a reference?
A handy person from Jacksonville, FL 32259 says:
Hi again, well I took apart a similiar window sash, took it out and found the reference number as follows

29 2 BS 1

Would this be helpful in determining what I need?

Thanks

Matt
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Matt. It helps narrow things down, but only for this specific sash. That balance is 23" long and uses a 2920 spring strength rating. I'm afraid that's all I can tell based on your information, though, and it's no guarantee that it's what you have on the other window.

I recommend that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to find the Series that best matches what you have.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)