SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

slider door handle SASH CONTROLS C60-1255

A quick learner from Virginia says:
I have a SASH CONTROLS C60-1255 slider handle. The hole spacing is 3-15/16 and the door is nearly 1-3/4 thick. The threaded insert on the exterior handle is stripped. But the wife also wants it to be keyed since I am working on it.

I have seen recommendations for #82-035 as a replacement. Can the pull be punched for a lock? What additional parts are necessary? Also, is it advised to replace the mortise when doing this sort of repair? Thank you.

http://www.swisco.com/Patio-Door-Handle-Set/pd/Patio-Glass-Door-Replacement-Locking-Handles/82-035
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, as a matter of fact we have a video on how you can do this. We recommend using the 82-309 as the key cylinder. Check out the video below.
You don't need to replace the mortise lock if it's still in good condition.
A quick learner from Virginia says:
#82-035 is indeed a solid replacement for a SASH CONTROLS C60-1255.

The exterior handle does not have punch templates for a centered lock. I used a drill press - works like a champ. The handle set is also smaller. Folks reading this post might want to know to expect a little paint touch up.

Thank you so much.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the update! I'm happy to hear that it worked out. Let us know if you ever need anything else in the future.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)