SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

slider door mortis latch lever

A landlord from Mukilteo, WA says:
Hi,

I have a latch lever from a sliding door in a rental house that is broken. The latch handle is 2.5" long, and the square part that goes into the latch is approx. 1/4" wide. Looks like the square part that goes into the latch was at least an inch long. Do you have something that will replace this?

Thanks,
Jeff
User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Jeff. I would start out by looking at our 82-240. Do you think this might work as a replacement?
A landlord from Mukilteo, WA says:
Hi Paul. Thank you for the reply. I looked at the 82-240 before I sent in the picture of the one I took out of the door. On the 82-240, what is the purpose of the cut-out? The one I have looks like it was twisted and broke the bottom part of the shaft off. Also, the one I have has the cross part at the top of the shaft. The 82-240 just has a square shaft. I'm not sure if that matters. What do you think?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I think it should be okay, though it's hard to tell without seeing an undamaged version of your latch. The 82-240 is the best match we have.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)