SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

slider door roller

A quick learner from San Diego says:
the model No. 81-015 Peachtree door roller almost fits the need, except for the wheel axle rivets protrude, and makes it to wide for the door. Do you have same model with flush axle rivets? Can I send in original for comparison? My daughters door is in San Diego, I am in Boston
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Get some pictures of the rollers and the door and send them to us and we will be happy to look at them.
A landlord from San Diego says:
You did not answer my question. Do you have a model similar model 81-015 except without the protruding axle rivets? The protruding axle rivets will not fit into the door frame.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
We have used this Peachtree roller without having a problem with the axle. If you look online, the axle does not protrude out any further than the rear section of the carriage. If you were to have a problem with the axle, you can possibly use a bench grinder and grind it down, but I don't believe you will have to. However, the most important question is: did you remove the roller from the patio door? You say it's a Peachtree door, but Peachtree manufactured many different series of Patio doors and most often the rollers are not interchangeable.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)