SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

slider handle

A quick learner from Georgetown, SC says:
I am trying to find a replacement slider handle for this exterior slider. We recently bought this condo and the handle was missing. The lock is present and the exterior handle is actually part of the door itself. (should have taken a picture of exterior door but didn't...I can take one if that would be helpful) The spread between the two screw holes is 5 1/2 inches to center. The plate that is screwed into the door is 1 1/4 inches wide x 8 inches tall. Not sure if the plate needs to be replaced or if you have a handle that would screw in.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I don't recognize this. Can you show us the outside? Can you also confirm the distance between the two screws? I can't find anything with a 5-1/2" center spacing.
A professional from California says:
Looks a lot like 82-031 to me. I think the 5-1/2" is for the empty holes.
A quick learner from georgetown, sc says:
You are right! The distance between the screws is 4 inches. The 5 1/2" is between the holes for the handle. I have attached a picture of another slider in the condo that is exactly like the one we are looking for. I also included a picture of the exterior handle to the slider.
thank you.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
In that case, do you think you could get our 82-031 to work?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)