sliding barn door hardware - closing the clearance gap

A home owner from Albemarle, NC says:
I am in the process of purchasing barn door hardware and will be installing doors on this hardware. Best my contractor and I can guess - I will have 1/2" gap when the doors are closed (or pulled together.) The space has to be there to allow for clearance as the door slides. I am wondering about purchasing a pile or brush weatherstripping - something with adhestive and I was thinking the brush or pile would allow easy sliding. Have you helped anyone with this problem before? Barn door hardware is being used often now, so hopefully you have a solution for me.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Two types of weatherseal come to mind: the first is our 58-085 commercial door weather stripping with an aluminum base, which you can screw onto the door. I measured the total height of the base and wool pile and it comes close to 1/2" tall. We also have a stick on foam type, the 58-180, which is 3/8" tall. See if either of these could work for your doors. We also carry many more in each seal's respective section. You could also consider going to a local company who service overhead garage doors. They might have something you can use.
How to Install a Commercial Door Weatherstrip
How to Install a Commercial Door Weatherstrip
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.