SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

sliding door handle

A home owner from Huntingburg Indiana says:
I have a sliding door that has herculite KHP stamped on the glass, along with PPG. The handle is broken and the 82-044 or 82-069 appears to be a similar match. However, my door only locks from the inside. There is no key. Also, the bolt holes are 3 15/16" but I have 2 additional holes, one at the top and one at the bottom. Those 2 holes are approx. 6 1/2" apart. These are the 2 holes that the ends of the handles go in to. There is an 8" X 1" plate that has the interior lock inside it and the handle mounts through it. The door was installed in approx. 2002.
Thank you
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Is it possible for us to see some pictures of the hardware in question? I'm not sure what those extra holes could be for. Thanks!
A home owner from Huntingburg Indiana says:
I will try to get you some pictures, but it may be a couple of days because I am at a church retreat until Saturday night.
Thanks for the quick response.
A quick learner from Huntingburg Indiana says:
I have photos
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks! I'm still not sure what those additional holes are. All of our handles only install using the 3-15/16" space screw holes. Is it necessary for installation? Could a handle set like the 82-069 function without using them?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)