sliding door lock mechanism with exterior key entry is failing to work properly.

A quick learner from r says:
This door is a main entry point and lately when locking the door outside by key or inside by latch it does not lock and requires 2-3 attempts to succesfully lock. The latch is loose meaning the small stick which goes up to lock or down to unlock is extremly wobbly and can be pushed more ways than just up and down. how can I fix this? Thanks.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm wondering if the part you need to replace could be the mortise lock. Remove yours from your door and match it up to our 82-223. I think this might be a match. Also, looking at your photo, it appears that you have a hole just above the patio handle. Could it be that this is not the original handle set?
A quick learner from r says:
I installed the mortise lock into the sliding glass door but now the hook does not catch the keeper unless you close the door, then roll it back open about 1/8" or 1/4". I know the screw above the hook is for adjustment of the hook which I have tried turning to the right and to the left but neither seems to make a noticeable difference. Is it possible the adjustment mechanism is faulty? I am still utilizing my old mortise lock because the one I purchased doesn't fit. It's slightly too big and my current one is not rectangular, but angled. Also my old one says Adams on it. How do I fix this?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us! Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Could you show me a picture of the keeper in question? I'm not sure what the problem may be but that may help us come up with a solution.
How to install the Swisco 82-033 Handle Set
How to install the Swisco 82-033 Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.