SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

sliding door parts..

A quick learner from PATTERSON CALIFORNIA says:
Hello
I have been having issues with my door sliding for a while. I have paid few times to have it fixed and same problem continues. its really hard to open and close. I just see on your sight they need sliding trackers.one time their was a metal thin wire sticking out from bottom and I thought it had gotten stuck that's why was really hard to open and I removed it. I think it was a part needed. I took picture of only label I seen on door. can you please tell me what size of tracker I would need? I have replaced wheels still not rolling open easily.
User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. Would it be possible to see some photos of your door and track? That would help us get an idea of what you can do. You could possibly have some ruts in the rail where the wheels roll. If so, one of our track covers like the 80-100, 80-102 or 80-103 could cover them.
A home owner from patterson ca says:
here is the picture you requested.
User submitted a photo of a patio door track.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. your track doesn't appear to be all that damaged. You may be able to get away with one of the track covers I mentioned above. Watch the video below for more information on how these work.
The basic function of these covers is to install over a bent or dented track to give the rollers something smooth to ride on. Unless there is some other severe damage on your tracks that I can't see in your pictures, this may work.

Another thing to consider is the condition of the rollers themselves. You may want to make sure they aren't damaged or clogged with dirt or debris. I would remove them from the door, clean them, and test to see how well they roll.
A home owner from patterson ca says:
hi can you also tell me what rollers would my sliding door need?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
In order to identify your rollers, we would need to see a picture of them removed from the door. I'm afraid that's the only way to identify this kind of hardware.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)