sliding door roller

A handy person from Reston, Virginia says:
Hi, I recently purchased some sliding door rollers from you and they ended up being a bit too wide. I was afraid that might be the case and was hoping it would work but they are just to wide. I did not see any rollers on your site which are narrow. Perhaps you have some ideas where to find a narrower part?

The parts are I ordered were part of order # 711239
(4) 81-228 : 1-1/4"dia Nylon Concave BB Wheel

The diameter of the wheel is correct. The axle is a bit larger (which I knew and can deal with by drilling the mount. However the thickness of the wheel is to big. The new one is 3/8" and it looks like I need a 1/4" thickness wheel.

Any help would be appreciated!

Rob
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Rob. First, I would like to see a picture of the roller and the housing you are trying to replace. I would also like your dimensions. We may have the complete roller unit you need without you having to replace the wheel by itself.

If you do just want to replace the wheel, I had an idea. You could use the 84-104 screen door roller and simply remove the wheel from the housing. This can be done by drilling or grinding off the axle from the housing. The wheel in the 84-104 is 1-1/4" in diameter like you want and the thickness looks like it is just shy of 1/4", possibly 7/32". The axle hole looks like it could be a 3/16" hole.
A handy person from reston, virginia says:
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the reply, attached are some pics of the overall unit. This unit is quite old (likely from the late 60's.

Rob
User submitted photos of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I have seen this roller before, but I was never able to find anything reliable to replace it. You could possibly consider the 84-104, as we mentioned before. You could also try to retro fit something like our 84-007 or 84-146 on your door.
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Screen Door Corner and Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Screen Door Corner and Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Screen Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Sliding Screen Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.