SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

sliding door roller for screen door.

A contractor from San Francisco says:
Hi, I am looking for a door roller that is like the product 84-046 The dimensions of the holes for the mounting screws needs to be about 1 7/8 inches. The door roller assembly that I have which is made by PLPCI brand and is product B-691 is too cheeply made, and the wheel comes out of its holder. I would like to find a product that is made of metal, and the wheel held with a metal holder such as the product you have 84-094
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, the manufacturer of your patio screen door was designed to only accept the B-691 roller assembly. Our 84-083 is made like the B-691 but with a steel wheel, and is commonly used by Silverline for their patio screen doors. I'm afraid I couldn't find a better design for the roller on your door. Manufacturers pretty much just make one type of part for their doors without a lot of variation. It's very rare you will find an "upgraded" version of a part like this.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)