SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

sliding glass door handle / lever

A quick learner says:
I recently bought a house that has an old sliding glass door with a broken locking lever. The lever can still lock the door, but the process is more challenging than it should be. I see no numbers on the hardware, and the glass is too old to read its markings.

Your turning lever, 82-106, seems like it would work. The old lever is 1/4" wide and about 13/16 long, same as yours. The round part of my lever that fits into the round part of the handle has a diameter of 5/8". I have included a few pictures so that you can help me better.

Thank you for your opinion on what would be the best option besides replacing the entire door!
A customer submitted photo of a sliding glass door handle and lever.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The 82-106 Turning Lever might work, but it is only 1/2" diameter, while yours is 5/8" diameter. That could be a problem, as the difference might give it too much play. You might have to replace the complete handle with something like our 82-031 or 82-035 Patio Glass Door Handle Sets.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)