SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

sliding glass door lock

A home owner from USA says:
Sliding glass door lock installed in early 80's looks just like your 82-055K Keyed Handle Set by Acorn except my overall measurement is 7 1/2 inches long on the inside piece and screw holes are 4 1/4" centers. Any help you could give me would be appreciated.

Nina
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Nina. I'm afraid I couldn't find any patio door handle with a 4-1/4" hole center spacing. Can you confirm that dimension? Could I also see a few pictures? If the hole spacing is that different, then I suspect that there may be other differences that we would need to see. Thanks!
A home owner from GA says:
Sorry Tom, after my husband took the handle off the holes were really 3 15/16" and it looks just like the 82-055K. He called and talked to someone from your company and we've ordered the 82-055K with the anticipation of having to drill new screw holes in the door which should work. Thanks for your fast response and I'll let you know when we receive the handle how it works out for us.
Thanks for your help.

Nina
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great! Glad we were able to help you out. Let me know if you need anything else.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)