SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

sliding glass door part

A handy person from san pedro says:
1 3/4 wide by 1 1/8 high by 1/4 opening. Screw accessed through hole in side edge of door.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We should be able to help replace this sliding glass door roller, however the part in your picture is not a complete roller. This is just the inside portion of a complete roller unit; there should be an outer housing still installed in your door. Would you be able to show us the whole thing together? Can you also give me the measurements of the outer housing?
A quick learner from san pedro ca says:
Hi Tom,

The part looks just like 23-096 except the plastic wheel is 1 1/4 inch. The length is 2 1/4, the height is 1, the width is 1/2 inches. So you have one which has 1 1/4 inch
wheel with these measurements?
A quick learner from san pedro ca says:
Here are the two photos of the outer housing.Again, they look like your 23-096 except the plastic wheel is 1 1/4". Overall 2 1/4 by 1 1/4 by 1/2. Thank you
User submitted image of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid only one of your pictures came in, however if you're confident that the 23-096 is a match, you could possibly adjust the roller down to make up for the difference in wheel size. Would that be possible?
A professional from CA says:
23-096 is taller than most similar rollers. You have listed the height as 1", 1-1/8" and 1-1/4". 23-096 is 1-1/2". Make sure you get the right part. If this is for an outside door, metal wheels should be better. Tom, I didn't see any nylon rollers in the shorter housings. I use them quite often. Am I missing them on your lists?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)