sliding glass door roller replacements.

A quick learner says:
Hi,
Looking for rollers for my sliding glass doors. can't exactly see all the numbers but the manufacturer is AFG C2652. Can you help me?
Rebecca
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Rebecca. Before I recommend anything, can you give me your measurements? Specifically, I'd like the width of your housing, with and without the dimples. Please also give me the housing height and the diameter of the wheel.
A quick learner says:
Paul,not sure what you mean by dimples. but here is what I know. The widest part is one line over the 1 inch mark. The longest part is 1 5/8". The diameter of the wheel is one inch. thanks!!!
Profile picture of Paul

I'm not sure what kind of ruler you're using (whether it marks 1/32" or not) so I am not sure what one line over the 1" mark is. I'm also not sure what you mean when you name the longest part is. Do you mean the length? That is, screw side to wheel side? The length is not really that important. Width and height are more important to know.

The dimples I refer to are the three round protrusions on the sides of the housing. I would like you to measure the width twice: include the dimples in your first measurement, but leave them out in your second. I would also like the height of the housing, but don't count the back tab.

If you are confused, then look at this diagram for our 81-268 as a pure example. The measurements I need from you are the width (9/16", in the case of the 81-268) and height (1-5/32", in the case of the 81-268). Please also measure the width a second time, but include the dimples.

Alternate image for 81-268
Alternate image for 81-268

A home owner says:
yikes, this is not easy for me. I am not mechanically inclined. you said that you needed the 9/16" version of my roller. that would be 9/16" on mine as well. With the dimples it is 11/16" The example of 1 5/32" would be 1 inch and 1/16 on mine. I hope this helps.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you! That is a huge help. I recommend looking at our 81-229 roller. It is 9/16" thick, but the dimples bump that up to 3/4". The height is 1-1/8". Let me know what you think.
A quick learner says:
Thanks Paul, it looks pretty close. I went ahead and ordered them.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you for the order! I hope it works out. If you have any further questions, let me know.
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.