SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Adding an exterior pull handle

A quick learner says:
Hi, I want to replace my lock set with one that has a real handle on both sides not just one on the inside. I see part 82-012 that might do the trick but would need it in white. Do you guys carry that set in white or some other set that would work? I have attached a photo of my set, thanks.
User submitted photo of their existing sliding glass door handle.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The lock set 82-012 will not work on your door.

I understand what you want to do but unfortunately the manufacturer of your style patio door does not have an exterior pull to match your door. However, I know of some customers who have installed an interior patio pull on the outside. Take a look at 88-009 and 82-044. One of these interior pulls might possibly work for you. Take note you will have to install them above or below your existing lock and be careful you do not damage the glass or interfere with the sliding patio screen door. You might want to get someone with experience with patio glass doors to install the new pull handle for you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)