SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

sliding glass door track popping up on one side

A quick learner from Ocean city Maryland says:
I tried putting down the replacement for the track,but when I get one side down the other side pops up what am I doing wrong?? ?
User submitted photos of patio door track.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what the issue is. Is the whole track popping up, or just the track cover? How exactly are you trying to install it? See our video on how we install track covers, that may help.
A quick learner from ocean city says:
Once I tap one end down and get to the other side,the first side that I tapped down pops back up,I followed the video using the piece of wood to tap it down,any suggestions???,thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It sounds like the track cover simply isn't catching. It's possible the track itself is too worn for the cover to get a grip, so to speak. Do you have the clearance for the taller 80-100? You can actually install this using screws, but since it's taller it cannot work for some doors. You need the space for it.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)