SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

sliding glass patio door handle replacement

A quick learner from Rockford says:
I am trying to find a replacement door handle for a sliding glass patio door. The lock is a lever and sits within the door, and appears to be separate from the handle. I only need the interior handle. The glass on the door is herculite, I have been unable to find branding anywhere on the door. The screw spacing on the handle is 6 1/8". I have been unable to find this spacing anywhere.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting, to help you find the correct part could you send us some photos of your handle?
A home owner says:
After looking more closely, it appears it is not the handle that needs to be replaced, but rather the plate it screws into. See pic.
User submitted image of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks! I'm afraid we do not sell the base plates by themselves, but we do carry replacement handle sets that should work. I would just confirm the spacing between the installation screws that mount the plate to the door, not the holes that mount the handle to the plate. That is the most important hole spacing. If it's 3-15/16", see our 82-069 to start out.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)