SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

sliding glass patio door handle set

A home owner from USA says:
Hi - need to fix a sliding glass patio door in a manufactored home.

The slider and the hardware have absolutely no manufactorer's model, name or information anywhere. Amazing. The mortise broke apart, then on removal fell in the door, - and also all keys are lost making a second issue. Hence, which ever is a better bet - replacing the mortise, keeper and lock cylnider or - if safer and easier - just the entire unit. ???

Nothing local seems to line up with out doing a lot of drilling because of the key side holes. You seemed to reccomend previously the 82-218 which I ordered, but the current set has two directly opposing arms and the 218 seems only to have a slot on one side and not both. Perhaps I need a different mortise than the 218 - or can it be made to work - or if as I said easier - just a new assembly complete???

I have enclosed four pictures of the existing bastard set up (no mortise as that is inside the permanently sealed door). The door is 1.5" in width. The main holes on the plates are 3 15/16" approximately. The mortise is round cornered and same width as the 218 - but has to take a key lock
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! The key cylinder looks like our 82-310, while the entire handle set looks like our 82-073. If your handle set isn't damaged in any way, I don't see any reason why you need to replace it. If the 82-310 matches then you might be good to go with just that.

Harder to say with the mortise lock. Without seeing the original, I can't be sure what you have. Based on your description, it sounds like something similar to the 82-260. Does that look familiar to you? If you aren't sure either, then take a few pictures of the hole where the mortise lock is installed. I would also like to know the distance between the installation holes for the mortise lock, center-to-center. That might give us a clue as to what can work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)