Using 81-018 over 81-149?

A quick learner from USA says:
I would like to order 6 tandem rollers, either #81-018 or #81-149. They are the same, except for the
second one being stainless steel. My existing track is stainless steel, so I would like to know if the
lesser expensive rollers would even be an option for me, or if the stainless steel ones are the only ones
I should consider ordering. If I have the option of going with either one, could you tell me if the less
expensive ones are more likely to break down or rust, or not work as well on a stainless steel track?
I hope to hear from you ASAP, so I can place my order.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I see no reason why our 81-018 rollers can't work with a stainless steel track, but they are much more prone to rust if you live in a salt-air environment. If you had a stainless steel track and stainless steel rollers installed originally, I assume corrosion is a problem in your area. If that is true, I would advise against using the 81-018.
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Stainless Steel Sliding Glass Door Tandem Roller, 81-149
SWISCO Stainless Steel Sliding Glass Door Tandem Roller, 81-149
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.