sliding screen door corner removal and instlation

A quick learner from mass says:
I have orded 4 95-214 plastic corners.how do i remove the old broken cornersand install the new ones?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I believe the manufacture either pinned the corner into the frame or in some instances glued in the corners. First see if the corners have pin marks. If they do, you might want to drill them out to help remove the old corner. Next remove the wheel out of the door. With the wheel removed place a screw driver into the cutout and knock out the broken corner. That is I have done it in that past at our local workshop.
A handy person from Maryland says:
Before ordering the new plastic corner pieces, I first need to see if they can be removed, or if I'll have to buy new doors.

In trying to remove the broken corners of my sliding screen door, I drilled out the divots that were holding them in place in the frame. That only served to create deeper, bigger divots. Now, what do I do, drill into the plastic, from where they've broken off, in the hopes of being able to dig them out?

Thank-you for any advice you can give me.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Sounds like the manufacturer either pinned your corner into the frame or maybe even glued them in. First, see if the corners have pin marks. If they do, you might want to drill them out to help remove the old corner. Next, remove the wheel from the door. With the wheel removed, place a screwdriver into the cutout and knock out the broken corner. That's what I've done in that past at our local workshop.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.